Cuisines

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Accidental Cooking

The other night I was too tired after work to go grocery shopping and knowing how well stocked my fridge was, never fret.

Found this gorgeous red steak in the freezer and considered making vietnamese beef noodle soup. I had the noodles and soup base all ready, just need to defrost the meat.

As I was slicing the still slightly frozen meat (so it's easier to slice than completely defrosted). I noticed a somewhat fishy smell...the steak can't be off right? Eeeks! But then on a closer inspection there was a bit of "skin" on it... interesting.....then *BING* I remembered I had previously froze a piece of Tuna steak in the freezer. Ooooh but now i've already thinly sliced it. Wat to do wat to do?!?

After putting away the noodles and soup base, coz they surely don't work with thin tuna slices. I checked the fridge to see what else was there on offer. Found me some Bocconcini cheese, salad leaves and spring onion. Well an asian fused salad it is. I made dressing with some fish sauce, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds and soya sauce. The salad was yum - fresh and the right balance of flavours.

No comments:

Post a Comment