Cuisines

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Steak Night

Steaks were on sale the other day when I was grocery shopping, and my little friend LesbianCop has been asking me to cook some red meat for her since she's low on iron....(but I'm not her mother?!?) anyway, since she drives me everywhere...I'll cook watever she likes.

With the main decided, now I need to think of accompaniments. What to have? What to have? I ask myself.....hmm maybe some soft, smooth, buttery mashed potatoes, along with some sweet roasted pumpkins. And I always used to get baked beans when I visited steakhouses when I was young, so gotta have some of that. With some fresh bread, left over zucchini patties and mushroom red wine sauce, the menu is now complete.


Drink of the night - Pineapple juice with Vodka and Midori




Mushroom Red Wine Sauce

Ingredients
  • Sliced Mushrooms
  • Minced Garlic
  • Red Wine
  • Stock
  • Tomato Paste
  • Worcestershire sauce
  • Flour
  • Thyme
  • Butter
Directions

Melt butter, add garlic and mushrooms.
Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a simmer til it thickens


No comments:

Post a Comment