Cuisines

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday Breakfast

Woke up really really hungry this morning, but then I'm in Mami's house and alas! Her fridge is empty......oh dear...with 2 eggs, bit of left over mushrooms, a few carrots, quarter of a cabbage, half a loaf of bread, bunch of sprouts and some avocados... What am I gonna do for breakfast/brunch?!?!

Well one's gotta do what one's gotta do. With bellies rumbling, I set off to experiment with my limited resources.... but first off, COFFEE!!!

After being inspired by Donna Hay on Masterchef last night, she was soooo meticulous with everything. I wanted to try to make the elusive centred runny yolk soft boiled eggs. Apparently you swirl the hot water in the saucepan to make a whirlpool and then drop the egg in and this would make the yolk stay in the centre. As soon as I dropped the egg in, I was like oh no! This isn't gonna work - the egg just cracked, oops! Well there wasn't any more eggs left so, it'll do. But they turned out alrite! Though I still have no clue how long I'm suppose to cook these eggs...

Then in a fry pan, I melted some butter, added the grated carrots, chopped mushrooms and sliced red cabbage, topped it off with some fresh parsley from the garden and served it with some sprouts.

All in all, it wasn't such a bad effort and avocados are always good.

3 comments:

  1. Loving your new look and great job with cooking with what you have..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Foodie, I am trying trying trying. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounded like it was a mystery box challenge (^^), nice work! i love the raindrops look too, was pleasantly surprised when the page loaded up.

    ReplyDelete