Cuisines

Friday, June 25, 2010

Hawaiian Night

Aloha!

I've always wondered what's Hawaiian food is like, so on a cold wet night, I decide to bring sunshine and beach to my humble home and invite some friends over to be my guinea pigs.

Turns out, Hawaiian food is just alotta Pineapples. Pineapples in EVERYTHING! From the Fried Rice, to Chicken, Salad and even the Drinks. We were all a bit pineapple-d out that night I think. Though MickyMouse insisted I coulda used a bit more pineapples still.....well he didn't bring me fresh pineapple he saw that day!

With Leis wrapped around our necks and MickyMouse performed an impromptu Hula Dance for us, we sat down to our meal.

Menu for the night: Tuna Ahi Poke, Purple & Orange Coleslaw, Island Fried Rice, Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs and Kalua Pig.

Sorry the picture ain't so great, I was too busy laughing and eating to take more pictures.

Island Fried Rice

Ingredients
  • Chopped Onion
  • Minced Garlic
  • Sliced Chinese Sausage
  • Diced Spicy Spam
  • Diced Pineapple Pieces (I was lazy and just used a can in juice)
  • Frozen Mixed Vegetables
  • Beaten Eggs
  • Shallots
  • Cooked Rice
  • Soya Sauce
Directions

Cook in wok all the meat and vegetables, add cook rice and mix everything evenly. Add beaten eggs to coat rice, season with soya sauce


No comments:

Post a Comment