Cuisines

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cinco de Mayo Mexican Night

It was actually 3rd of May but it was close enough to the Mexican Festival. Besides it was a total coincidence anyway. I absolutely adore Mexican Food - all the flavours, colours, spices and alcohol!

When I say Mexcian food, I don't just mean Tacos & Burriots....I love them too, but there's so much more to Mexican cusine that just that! For my guests, I prepared Bean Salad, Kiwi Fruit Salsa, Guacamole and Mole Pollo (Chocolate Chicken).

I get the same reaction from people everytime I tell them I'm making Chocolate Chicken - usually I'm greeted with raised eyebrows and a dubious look. But seriously the Mole Sauce is so yummy and easy, I've made it a few times already and it hasn't failed me yet, and no...the chicken isn't sweet.

Bean Salad



Ingredients

  • Can of Beans
  • Can of Corn Kernals
  • Red and Green Capsicum chopped
  • Spanish Onion chopped
  • Tomato Chopped
  • Coriander
  • Lime Juice

Directions

  • Mix everything together and season with salt

Polo Mole


Ingredients

  • Tomato Paste
  • Onion chopped
  • Green Capsicum chopped
  • Garlic minced
  • Chili
  • Cumin
  • Coriander chopped
  • Cocoa Powder
  • Chicken
  • Toasted Sesame Seeds (which I totally forgot this time! ooops)

Directions

  • Brown chicken, cook vegetables add seasoning and water to cover. Season with salt & pepper and sprinkle toasted sesame seed on top. Serve with rice

1 comment:

  1. It was definitely not the mexican I usually have at restaurants. The salads and salsa really complemented the mole chicken, no taste of cocoa but could tell it was there. A yummy dinner Piggie~

    ReplyDelete