Cuisines

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Vegetarian Baked Eggs with Mushrooms and Tomato

Sunday Brunch....my favourite meal of the week.

This is the time I can get up leisurely, make a cup of coffee and peruse over my fridge and pantry and decide what to start my week with. Sunday is the beginning of the week right?

I've already made the big breakfast with scrambled eggs, mushrooms, tomatos and avocado on Saturday, so figured I'll mix it up a bit.... I've made pancakes the last couple of Sundays....I Looove Pancake. But yeah time for a change... so browsing through foodblogs...I came across these little baked eggs in muffin tins. Score!

Yummy Baked Eggs

Here's how I made mine:

Ingredients:
  • Sliced bread (white or brown or whatever you have)
  • Desired number of eggs
  • Tomatos, chopped
  • Mushrooms, chopped
  • Spring Onions, chopped
  • Parsley, chopped
  • Tasty Cheese, gratted
  • Butter
  • Salt and Pepper
* Feel free to subsitute filling with what you like, say....BACON!!!

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 180C
  • Saute the mushrooms, tomatos and spring onions in butter
  • Spray the muffin tin with oil (I forgot to do it and was a bit difficult to get them out afterwards)
  • Smash the bread with your palm/fist to flatten it a bit and then smoosh it into the muffin tin
  • Fill each bread cup with the coked veggies
  • Topped with some cheese
  • Crack an egg into each cup
  • Put in oven and cook for around 15 -18 minutes until the eggs are cooked to desired consistency
  • Scatter some chopped parsley on top and serve!
I also squirted some Siracha Chili Sauce on top heh

No comments:

Post a Comment