Cuisines

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chowder on a Cold Night


All alone on a cold cold night. How I wish there was a fireplace in my apartment I could huddle in front of and read a good book.

After a quick look at my nearly-empty refrigerator, I decided the best thing to do was to make a hearty creamy chowder-like soup to warm the soul with all the left over vegetables available.


Besides what else am I gonna do with that stalk of celery that's been sitting in the back of my crisper section of my fridge for the past week and a half (and counting)!

Vegetable Chowder
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Carrot
  • Capsicum
  • Celery
  • Potato
  • Butter
  • Parsley
  • Milk
  • Water
  • Stock
  • Salt and Pepper
Directions

  • Melt butter, add onion and garlic, fry til translucent, add other veg, add milk, top with stock and water, season with salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment