Cuisines

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cooking 4 One

My flatmate's been home away for couple of weeks now, recuperating from her going under the knife. So I've been home alone and cooking for one. I really really dislike cooking for myself alone. It's terrible to try cook just 1 portion - seems way too much effort really, but once there's more - you end up with nights and nights of left overs of the same stuff - BORING. Gawd, just can't win really.

So now I've only been inspired to cook sparingly in the past couple of weeks. It's usually just instant noodles and toast. Otherwise I've been out and haven't cooked at all.


I made this Marinara de Romesco Pasta sauce the other day. It was soooo good. I think it surpassed the
one I had @ DDD's house the week before. I added some veggies to make it seem "healthier" : green peas, mushrooms, tomatoes etc along with the seafood mix. It went really well with pasta. The sauce was thick and flavoursome and had just the right touch of spiciness for that extra kick.

I made a Singaporen Curry Chicken last week when it was really cold. Perfect weather for a curry. I must admit the curry sauce was from a packet so there was minimal effort from me.

Just add onion, garlic and then potatoes and Chicken and coconut milk. It was quick and easy and O... sooooo yummy. Though perhaps a tad bit on the salty side for me. Next time - less salt for sure.

On my very first night home alone. I didn't bother to go to the supermarket knowing full well how stocked my fridge was after the hot pot party on the weekend. So I found all these bits and pieces of food and decide to make my own stir fry combo. With a bit of mince pork, salted duck egg, vermicelli, and "sze gwa" I made a spicy noodle stir fry that's so so good. Always a favourite. Along with the curry fish balls - who ever get sick of these? It ended up being a pretty satisfying meal. But I definately can't wait til my flatmate gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment