Cuisines

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Jamaican Night Take 2

Dear Blog,
It's been nearly a month since my last dinner party. Has my friend's forgotten my cooking? Have I forgotten where everything is in the kitchen?

The dinning table has been cluttered with junk. This calls for time in the kitchen and having a few friends around for some food and drinks.




So I gathered my troop with a couple newcomers along with the usual suspects. There was a bit of thyme in the fridge plus I recently purchased a "Caribbean Cookbook" so I decided to give Jamaican Night another go.

This time for a party of 6 the menu included: Rice and Beans, Curry Goat, Osso Bucco, Stew Fish and just a simple cucumber, tomato and avocado salad - since I really didn't have time for a vegetable dish.











My favourite of the Night was the Stew Fish, though the Curry Goat did rekindle many fond memories of home. I was so pleased I was able to recreate the taste. But the Goat meat was slightly tough and my new friend Ms Exotic Asian wasn't too impressed with the texture, surprisingly Dr Rats was able to get pass the gamey taste and didn't mind the Goat meat despite hating lamb. so Score for Piggie.

Creole Stew Fish

  • Fish pieces
  • Vinegar
  • All Spice
  • Nutmeg
  • Paprika
  • Black Pepper
  • Salt
  • Sugar
  • Garlic
Marinate for 2 hours or overnight in fridge, then coat lightly with flour and fry evenly on both sides for 5-1o mins

Sauce
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Red and Green Capsicum
  • Tomatoes
  • Chilli
  • Tomato Paste
  • Stock
  • Cinnamon
  • Pepper
Directions

Heat oil and melt butter and then add all ingredients, add fish and cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment