Cuisines

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fettuccine Puttanesca

Dr Rats was hanging out one night and flipping through various magazines I had lying around and found this one that featured on some great Pasta dishes (Yes even my magazines are food-centric!). Initially she talked about making the great looking prawn pasta for me, and I readily agreed to be her test subject. But she's too busy testing on real rats to be cooking. So it's left to me again. as per usual.

I was more intrigued by the Puttanesca sauce, I've made it back in my college days and thought I could upgrade it. There's the Origin of the Puttanesca sauce that version (as they are many versions, as with most things) claims it was first put together for a bunch of prostitutes (Italian - Puttana) who visited a restaurant late one night after closing and the chef there didn't have anything left to put a proper meal together and so just went through what was available in the pantry and ta-da!

My version consist of: Garlic, Onion, Feta, Basil, Chili, Capers, Anchovies, Olives and cherry tomatoes. Not quite what's readily available in everday pantry, but it was great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment