Cuisines

Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkish Delight

Apparently I offered to cook Black Belt Dude dinner for his birthday (so totally did not recall this conversation happening). But anyway, it's been a while since my last dinner party plus I'm going away - Jamaica! (bwoy mi cyaaan wait!) next week. So it's good excuse to see some ppl before I see them all next year. OMG can it be 2011 already?!?



BBD specifically requested Turkish Dinner (actually he asked for Roti & Curry - but that got shot down real quick, told him to go to Mamak if he wants some). So he brought over a couple frens from work who are in need of a home cook meal and I got some girlfriends along, in total a dinner party of 8.



I was fretting the whole day that I wouldn't have enough food (why ?!?! There's always left overs!) So the menu includes: Fattoush, (A mountain of) Couscous, Tava (modified) and Apricot Chicken.






The food all went down quite well. I particularly liked the Apricot Chicken but it was the most labour intensive. and even though I modified the Tava. It was really quite nice, its simple favours played off well with the complexity of the Chicken dish.






Piggierised Tava

  • Beef Chunks
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Mushrooms
  • Potatoes
  • Can of Tomato
  • Jar of Grilled Capsicum
  • Parsley
  • Fetta Cheese
  • Salt & Pepper
Directions

Brown Meat, add onion and garlic, add mushrooms and then pureed capscium sauce and can of tomato. Layered Casserole dish with nuked potatoes, cover with mixture from pan and cook in oven uncovered for 20 mins. To serve, top with chopped Parsley and crumbled fetta

No comments:

Post a Comment