Cuisines

Monday, November 8, 2010

Good Ol' Shepherd's Pie

I still remember the first time I tried to make a Shepherd's Pie, it was a group task in my Grade 8 Home Ec's class. and bwoooy did I feel sorry for my partner Tall girl then. I just remembered the rather disastrous result along with our failed grade. Eeeks

And since then, I haven't attempt to make it again. But it's been well over a decade. So maybe it was time to challenge myself again.

Com'on, it's just some mince and mashed potatoes right? How hard can it be? I checked out some recipes online at Taste.com.au and they seemed easy enough.... and then 1.5 hrs later, after all the chopping and stirring and transferring from pot to pan - I hate that! And popping it in the oven. it's finally finished. YAY!
Decide to make a Greek salad to go
with it. So it gives the illusion of a
healthy meal (despite all that butter
I used in the mashed potatoes) hehe

I just loved how crispy and crunchy the top of the potato layered was, went so well with the smooth creaminess of the rest of the potato and then the mince lamb and vegetables (carrots, onion, peas and celery). So really it was quite healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment